Replacement windows are an excellent choice when it comes to upgrading and improving your home’s value; however, many homeowners are in denial about needing a new window installation. That’s understandable, because depending on the size of your home, this can be a considerable investment.
A number of signs indicate installing new windows will be worth your time and money. If the idea of getting new windows for your home has crossed your mind, read on. We highlight the top signs that suggest you may need to call KC Construction for a no-obligation consultation.
5 signs you need new home windows
Before we get into the benefits of new window installation, you need to know whether your current windows need replacing. A number of signs should point you in the direction of replacement windows. Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- Your current windows are painted shut. One of the best things about windows is being able to circulate some fresh air into your home and remove any stuffy feelings. If your windows are painted shut, there’s no way around it: You need new windows.
- It’s too annoying to even open your windows. You might be able to get your windows open, but it’s too difficult to bother. The crank that opens and closes your window could have wear and tear, causing the mechanism to fail.
Or your windows won’t stay open or closed without some sort of additional help. Think of having to use a piece of wood to keep the window open. We’ve even seen some people nailing their windows open or shut! That’s an excessive amount of hassle that new windows will remove entirely.
- It’s drafty in your home. This is probably the biggest reason most people invest in a new window installation. Old windows can allow the cold air to flow inside, raising your heating bills or making your attempts at keeping your home warm all in vain. If you know it’s windy outside when you’re inside your home, you need window replacement.
- Your windows won’t lock. First, this is an issue of safety; however, the locking mechanism of your windows also acts as a seal. If you can’t lock your windows, you’re letting in cool air.
- Your current windows require you to perform too much maintenance. Here, we’re referring to the labor involved in having wood windows. Perhaps you feel it’s worth the effort because you personally find wood windows more aesthetically appealing. However, this doesn’t negate the fact they are a lot of work. Scraping, sanding, and painting windows isn’t an afternoon job. Often, homeowners choose to install vinyl windows because they require little maintenance and are more cost-effective.
If any of these scenarios apply to you, then you’ll want to strongly consider installing new windows. And, if you do find yourself in any of the above situations, it’s important to also understand what benefits new windows will afford you.
Top 3 reasons to install new windows
There’s no reason to endure less comfort and more hassle. A number of other benefits of installing new windows exist besides easy maintenance and more comfort. New window installation will also provide you with:
- Improved energy efficiency: If your home has very old or inefficient windows, it’s probably more cost effective to replace them rather than try to improve their energy efficiency. New, energy-efficient windows will eventually pay for themselves in terms of savings on heating and cooling costs, and sometimes even lighting costs.
- Protection from harmful UV light: UV light from the sun can have damaging effects on your skin and eyes, and also your home’s interiors. A big misconception by people living in cooler climates is that they don’t need UV protection. However, even on cloudy and cold days when you can’t see or feel the sun, UV rays are still a risk factor that can cause harm.
Our energy-efficient Heat Guard windows block 98% of UV rays, protecting your furniture and carpets from fading and other sun-related damage.
- Reduced or eliminated noise: Depending on where you live, outside noise can greatly affect the quality of your sleep, or your enjoyment while trying to relax at home. In today’s high-stress world, we need to eliminate as much unwanted stimulation as possible. New window installation offers outdoor noise elimination of up to 85%.
Ready for your free new window estimate?
Whether you want to save money on your heating and cooling bills or are tired of fighting with your windows to stay open, remain closed, or work properly, KC Construction is here to deliver a solution. We happily service homeowners in Binghamton, Elmira, Ithaca, Cortland, Scranton, and all surrounding areas. Speak with us today about energy-efficient windows and new window installation. Call (607) 748-0188 for your free estimate!